IRVINE, Calif., Mar. 27, 2014 – The wait is over. In a world full of “me too” breakfast sandwiches, today Taco Bell® is shaking up the Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) industry yet again, this time with a new Breakfast Menu that will redefine innovation and value.
Beginning today, more than 5,500 Taco Bell restaurants nationwide will open at 7 a.m. or earlier for the biggest launch in the company’s 52-year history, and will be supported by an integrated marketing campaign that highlights how the brand is revolutionizing traditional breakfast choices at QSR. The new Taco Bell Breakfast includes 13 new menu items, featuring the highly anticipated Waffle Taco, the one-handed breakfast of the A.M. Crunchwrap®, and the already-loved Cinnabon® Delights™.
“Breakfast is the fastest growing daypart in QSR, and until now, consumers have been stuck with the same, old breakfast sandwich choices everywhere they turn,” said Brian Niccol, President, Taco Bell Corp. “We intend to break the boring breakfast routine by making mornings fun again. By reinventing the traditional tastes of breakfast in a way that only Taco Bell can, we’ll give America a fresh new perspective on classic breakfast tastes, with the value we’re famous for. And we’ll support it with a marketing campaign that challenges the status quo.”
After months of successful testing and customer feedback, the full Taco Bell Breakfast menu will include:
- Bacon or Sausage A.M. Crunchwrap®: All the classic breakfast tastes like fluffy scrambled eggs, real cheddar cheese, your choice of flavorful bacon or a hearty sausage patty, and a golden crispy hash brown wrapped and grilled in a warm flour tortilla, so it’s an all-in-one breakfast good to go. Suggested price: $2.49
- Bacon or Sausage Waffle Taco: A warm waffle wrapped around flavorful bacon or a hearty sausage patty and fluffy scrambled eggs, served with a side of sweet syrup. Suggested price: $1.99
Bacon or Sausage Breakfast Burrito: Flavorful bacon or delicious sausage, fluffy scrambled eggs and lots of warm, melted cheddar cheese, all wrapped up in a warm flour tortilla.
Suggested price: $1.69
- Bacon or Sausage A.M. Grilled Taco: Fluffy scrambled eggs, melted cheddar cheese and flavorful sausage or bacon folded in a warm tortilla and grilled for portability. Suggested price: $1.00
- Steak & Egg Burrito: Fluffy scrambled eggs, lots of warm, melted cheddar cheese and marinated premium thick cut steak, all wrapped up in a warm flour tortilla. Suggested price: $2.49
- Sausage Flatbread Melt: Warm flatbread filled with a delicious sausage patty and real cheddar cheese, and then grilled to melted perfection. Suggested price: $1.00
- Cinnabon® Delights™: Warm, golden bite-sized pastries filled with Cinnabon® frosting and covered with Makara® cinnamon sugar. Suggested price for 2: $1.00; 4: $1.49; 12-pack: $4.49
- Hash Brown: A golden crispy potato hash brown. Suggested price: $1.00
- Orange Juice: Tropicana 100% orange juice. Suggested price: $1.99
- Premium Hot Coffee: Premium Rainforest Alliance certified™ hot coffee made with 100% Arabica beans. Suggested price: $1.49
For nutritional information – including ways to customize menu items – visit www.tacobell.com/nutrition/information. For example, customers can make the Steak & Egg Burrito “Fresco style” – which replaces usual toppings, such as cheeses, dairy-based sauces, reduced-fat sour cream and guacamole, with pico de gallo for a 25 percent reduction in fat, but for the same price and with the same great taste.
Taco Bell®’s most extensive menu launch includes the company’s largest marketing campaign ever, featuring bold television commercials. The new television creative was produced by Deutsch LA, who hired and is showcasing real people named Ronald McDonald to profess their love of Taco Bell Breakfast. Multiple TV spots debut today and are available on Taco Bell’s YouTube page. Additionally, Taco Bell will continue to engage its passionate fan base across social media channels using #WakeUpLiveMas.
Taco Bell Breakfast’s launch campaign is supported with television, radio and digital advertising led by Deutsch L.A., in-store POP and packaging by FCBLA, as well as social and public relations support from DigitasLBi and Taylor respectively.
Leading up to launch, Taco Bell tapped into the demand for breakfast by first leveraging its friends and Team Members. Friends were the first to know about the Breakfast Menu, to enjoy it, and to engage directly with the brand via 1,000 Taco Bell Breakfast phones. Team Members were provided exclusive coupons for their family and friends to try Taco Bell Breakfast the week before its nationwide launch.
Click Image to view and download. NOTE: These are high resolution images and may take a moment to load.